July 29, 2009

Welcome to the GatorStop!

For those of you that don’t know me, my name is Thomas Goldkamp. I’m a current junior at the University of Florida and I own the popular Southeastern Conference site SEC Sports Hub.

My passion for the past decade has been following college football. I’m a bit of a statistician and have a great memory. As a result, you’ll see a lot of statistical analysis and comparison in my writings.

I’m currently majoring in journalism at the University of Florida, and I hope to pursue a career in sports journalism.

I’ll be honest with you, it’s an ambitious career path, especially as mainstream journalism has fallen by the wayside in favor of the instant gratification given by internet bloggers.

So, rather than buck the trend, I’ve come to embrace it. In addition to SEC Sports Hub, I will keep this blog as my personal opinion piece.

It will be very much Florida Gator oriented, and I hope to give somewhat of an insider perspective through my experiences on campus and the various connections I have made here over the past two years.

I plan to touch on just about every issue Florida related and to give my opinion where I see fit. I’ve become known across the internet for my unbiased approach to sports journalism, something you’ll rarely find in today’s media.

If you’re looking for someone to tell you that everything in the Florida athletics department is perfect, or defend every action of a Gator athlete, you won’t find it here. I will keep things on an even keel and do my best to evaluate situations that I arise in an ubiased manner, whether or not that happens to portray things in a pro-Gator or anti-Gator light.

Please keep that in mind when reading this blog. These are strictly my opinions and may not reflect those of the Gator Nation or the media.If we can keep that in perspective, I think that this can be a great resource for every Gator fan out there. If you want a completely unbiased and strictly news based perspective, SEC Sports Hub is the place for you.

This will be a running diary so to speak of my personal thoughts on the Gators, but you can bet I’ll have a good bit of analysis and thought provoking ideas well mixed in.

Digg Technorati Delicious StumbleUpon Reddit Facebook Google Bookmark Yahoo ma.gnolia live mister-wong blogmarks

No comments:

Post a Comment